actionscript3 isometric library (v1/v2)
Minimal as3isolib.v2 Preview Release project (as3-only)
February 19, 2012Posted by on
Keep in mind that these tutorials MAY (& likely will) become out dated very soon. This is NOT a beta release, it is still actively in development and as such, the APIs and implementations are subject to change. All interim licenses are applicable.
- as3isolib.v2 preview release
- an actionscript IDE (Flash Builder, Flash, Flash Develop, FDT)
- basic understanding of the actionscript 3 APIs and flash display architecture
Assuming you have already set up your project, you can now start coding your first as3isolib.v2 project. If you haven’t you can read the previous tutorial on setting up your project.
a basic example
Creating a basic working example is super simple. Every as3isolib.v2 project will require 4 key components to function.
- camera – basic information about where you are in the iso world (for now, later we will be able to track targets)
- canvas – what we “paint” to. This is the only connection to the flash diplay list. Later on there will be other types of canvases, namely a stage3D type canvas.
- scene – this is a data class that stores information about your collection of mEntities. Now as of the time of this writing, I am already modifying this class to incorporate layers (much like we had with the original scene objects in v1)
- engine – this is what renders the visual data and provides connective logic to the camera, canvas and scene objects.
Here is how we put it together – link2code